Foxboro I/A Series MagEXPERT Flow Transmitter Model IMT96
The Model IMT96 MagEXPERT Flow Transmitter, combined with the 2800 Series® Flanged Magnetic Flowtubes, forms a magnetic flow measurement system, capable of being used on any conductive liquid or slurry. Its use of a patented eX-Pulse coil excitation method generates a robust measurement signal that translates to a digital, analog and pulse output proportional to flow rate.
Neither an ac transmitter, nor a pulsed dc transmitter, the IMT96 shares aspects of both. It provides the flowtube coils with power, which is pulsed on and off to attain zero stability (high accuracy), much like a pulsed dc transmitter. The traits the IMT96 shares with conventional ac transmitters are a raised flow signal strength (due to an increased coil current that is higher than conventional pulsed dc systems), a flow signal that is integrated over the complete pulse cycle and a rapid response rate.
The IMT96 is ideal for applications where substantial process/fluid noise exists and/or process control is critical. It features the HART® communication protocol; with communication achieved via a DCS system, a HART® Communicator or the local keypad/display.
The 4 to 20 mA output signal produced by this transmitter is intercepted by an applicable receiver to indicate, record and/or control variables. A pulse output is also offered, with a signal that can be configured as a scaled pulse for totalization or frequency for flow rate output.
Additional features/capabilities of the Model IMT96 include the following:
- Pipe-mounting (IMT96-P) or surface/panel mounting (IMT96-S)
- Weatherproof front panel (per IEC IP66 definition), with NEMA® Type 4X environmental and corrosion-resistant protection
- 32-alphanumeric character, 2-line back-lighted LCD display/5-button keypad available
- Display that can show positive total, negative total, net total, net inventory and flow rate in standard flow units
- Optional protective clear plastic window guard available to help prevent unintentional display and keypad button activation during washdown process
- Optional I/O access port available, allowing for terminal access without opening the transmitter housing cover
Foxboro I/A Series MagEXPERT Flow Transmitter Model IMT96 Spec SheetFoxboro IA Series MagEXPERT Flow Transmitter Model IMT96