Founded in 1901, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) was created to help instill acceptable guidelines in regards to measurement, standards, and technology that improves development. A device with a NIST traceable calibration will have measurements that:
- Meet NIST maintained standards
- Documented uncertainties for each step in the chain
- QA in place to maintain measurement uncertainty
Proper calibration is ultimately left to the end-user since NIST doesn’t monitor traceability. Nevertheless, there are multiple ways to determine traceability since most manufacturers provide information for the following:
- Specified calibration uncertainties
- Records of their calibration procedures and processes
- Lab accreditation with guarantee that qualified assessors have looked at a lab’s traceability procedures
- Traceability documentation
Digital devices such as Infrared sensors, RTDs, and thermocouples accuracy can be verified with NIST traceability.
Trusted NIST Traceable Calibration Services
Haygor has been helping the Petrochemical industry for more over 30 years. Our highly-trained technicians have more than 50 years of combined knowledge and experience in dealing with NIST traceable calibration services.
Getting proper NIST traceable calibration services is important to your plant. Your utmost satisfaction is important to us. Put your trust in Haygor today.